The Community Connections Awards will:
• DEMONSTRATE the contribution of university discovery and scholarship to public policy and enhance these social, cultural, and economic dividends by celebrating and rewarding achievements in knowledge translation and dissemination.
• REWARD and recognize the excellence of individuals in teaching, groundbreaking scholarship, and contributions to community and nation- building as public intellectuals and professionals.
• INSPIRE students, faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and staff alike to engage in activities that develop leadership, foster social and moral responsibility, and contribute to the further development of our society and its institutions.
• PROMOTE community pride and participation in the university through its physical and intellectual openness and opportunities for ongoing dialogue.
• ENGAGE with, serve, and draw strength from the diversity of our external communities.