The only available space in CCIS to book is the PCL Lounge, located in the northeast (Phase I) section of the CCIS building adjacent to lecture theatres 1-430 and 1-440 (map). The PCL Lounge may be available for bookings some evenings and weekends at the discretion of the Faculty of Science. Interested groups must follow the following steps in order to book the PCL Lounge. Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of a completed application form, signed rental agreement, and full payment. Please note: weekday bookings will only be accepted pending class schedules that are released August and December. Before applying to book the PCL Lounge, please consider:
- CCIS is first and foremost a teaching and research facility. Keeping CCIS available to students, instructors, and researchers will always be a priority over hosting events, conferences, etc.
- Renting the PCL Lounge means you agree to book it as-is. Cleaning will not be provided. If you would like to ensure the space is clean for your event, it is your responsibility to submit a work requisition for additional cleaning (available for download here).
- The booking fee pays for your usage of the space only. The Faculty of Science does not provide any event staff or equipment including tables, tablecloths, chairs, podiums, AV equipment, etc.
If you are interested in booking the PCL Lounge, please observe the following steps:
- Check to see if the PCL Lounge is available on your desired date. *Note that this calendar displays PCL Lounge bookings only. Booking availability is also subject to the usage of the two adjacent lecture theatres (CCIS 1-130 and 1-140).
- Contact Exams and Timetabling (780-492-5221) to book the lecture theaters CCIS 1- 430 and 1- 440. Even if you are not using these rooms, booking them prevents another group from using them during your event in the PCL Lounge. **Groups are not permitted to book the PCL Lounge until both of these lecture theatres have been booked for the full duration of your rental (including setup and cleanup), even if you will not be using the classrooms.**
- When an available date is selected, fill out the appropriate Application Form:
- Submit the completed PDF application form via email to the the Faculty of Science (firstname.lastname@example.org) including email confirmation that both lecture halls are already booked, using the subject heading: [DATE] - PCL Lounge Booking Application. Example: "Sept 21 - PCL Lounge Booking Application"
- Upon acceptance of your Application, the Faculty of Science will place a tentative hold on the PCL Lounge and send you a Rental Agreement which will include all details of your booking, including CCIS rental policies and pricing details. Carefully review and sign your Rental Agreement, thereby accepting all the terms and conditions within.
- Return the signed Agreement and full payment (Indent or cheques accepted) via email (PDF) for final approval by the Faculty of Science. Bookings will not be confirmed until payment is received in full. Your booking will be confirmed via email upon receipt of a signed Rental Agreement and full payment
Science Student Groups
Science student groups (as determined by COSSA membership) should contact the Interdepartmental Science Students' Society (ISSS) to arrange bookings for bake sales, ticket sales and information tables in CCIS during class time (Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM). (Email ISSS VP Community)
All clients are responsible for providing their own event equipment.
CCIS is unable to provide tables, linens, poster boards, or any other items for events booked in the PCL Lounge. On-campus groups should contact Exams and Timetabling at (780) 492-5221 to inquire about event equipment. Other groups are advised to bring their own equipment, or to contact an event rental company such as River City Events.
Clients are welcome to use the catering company of their choice.
If liquor is to be served at an event, it is the responsibility of the client to obtain a liquor permit from the Housing and Food Services department on the University of Alberta campus. They can be reached at email@example.com
If a client wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, cancellation notice must be given in writing to the Events and Communications Coordinator a minimum of 30 calendar days prior to the date of the function in order to receive a full refund.
CCIS South Atrium
The Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Science is first and foremost an educational and research facility. The CCIS South Atrium is not available for bookings in order to respect those in nearby study and work spaces.
All available classrooms in CCIS are listed on the Centrally Scheduled Classrooms Webpage and are organized through Exams and Timetabling. To request a booking, please contact the Examinations and Timetabling Division of the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.