Temporary Change to our Hours
Please note: We will be closed periodically between August 13 and 31, 2015. If you are considering accessing our service during this time, please call before you drop by to ensure there is someone available.
If you are in crisis, please feel free to leave us a message via email or telephone and someone will get back to you as soon as we are available. Alternatively, you are welcome to call the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton's 24 hour crisis line at 780 423-4121.
Striving For a Campus Community Free of Sexual Violence
The University of Alberta Sexual Assault Centre provides a safe place on campus where unconditional support, confidentiality, respect, and advocacy are available for those affected by sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, and stalking. The U of A Sexual Assault Centre strives for a campus community free of sexual violence.
We believe in:
- Providing a safe place to be heard,
- Providing unconditional support for survivors in their choices for recovery,
- Respecting each individual's recovery process,
- Providing options and information,
- Promoting fairness for survivors within the University and Criminal Justice systems, and
- Preventing sexual assault through education.
All services are free of charge and are available to people of all genders, sexualities, and backgrounds. Each person's individual recovery process will be respected.
Talk To Us
Talking with us is as simple as dropping in during our office hours, giving us a phone call or sending an email. For drop-in, telephone, or email support, no appointment is needed. However, appointments are necessary to see our psychologist and can be made during your first telephone or drop-in session at the Centre.
Need Help Now?
If you are in crisis and you need to speak to someone immediately, please feel free to call us or stop by the Centre between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday during the months of May - August, and between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM, Monday - Friday during the months of September - April.
Services Offered by the Sexual Assault Centre Include:
- Drop-in, telephone or email support for survivors of sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking or relationship violence regardless of gender;
- Counselling and psychotherapy appointments with our psychologist for either short or long-term counselling and treatment regarding sexual assault or sexual abuse (whether the experience happened recently or long ago);
- Support and information for partners, friends, family, and concerned individuals who are supporting a survivor of sexual assault;
- Advocating for deferrals, extensions, and other academic accommodations to help support student success;
- Accompaniment for individuals who choose to seek medical attention or report their experience;
- Referrals to on- and off-campus resources;
- Resource area for information on sexual assault and related topics;
- Interactive 50 and 80 minute Education Presentations on sexual assault;
- Campus-wide Awareness Weeks in October and February