Your course registration will depend on the program you have been admitted to and the transfer credit you receive.

Transfer Students


Your admission package should include a copy of your “Comment Sheet” and a "Transfer Credit Report". Please Note: Admission decisions are sent to your U of A email address. We no longer mail paper copies so remember to check your “” email account regularly.

The Comment sheet is your admission letter from the Faculty of Science, and may include important details about your program. Any urgent deficiencies you need to meet or important notes and reminders will also be included with this letter.

The Transfer Credit Report (TCR) will list all courses that have been evaluated for transfer credit. If you received credit for a course it will be indicated on this report and the University of Alberta equivalent will be listed. TIP: Courses you have received credit for will be listed as “posted” on your transfer credit report.

These 2 documents are key to determining what courses are remaining in your program what to register for in your first year on our campus.