Things to know before scheduling your classes:
- Classes will comprise of 3 hours of instruction each week. You course maybe offered three times a week, twice a week, or once a week for a total of 3 hours.
- Some classes have multiple components you must register for (Lecture, Lab, Seminar). Don't worry, if you forget to register in a component, BearTracks will remind you.
- To balance your timetable it is recommended that you take no more than 3 courses per term that have a lab component.
Below is an example of a term timetable with 5 courses. You will notice that Chemistry 101 has a lecture, lab and seminar, Biology 107 has a lecture and lab, and the remaining courses have a lecture.
- Make sure you have all the pre-requisites. You can get a detailed course description, a listing of pre-requistie courses, and how many components make up the course on BearTracks. Just use the "Browse Course Catalogue" feature.
- For full year classes make sure you register for part A of the class (in the fall) and part B (in the winter). Be sure to stay in the same course section, at the same time, with the same instructor.