Registration & Administration

Can I register my child for a Science Camp over the phone?
Registrations are only accepted through our online system. We do not support phone registrations at this time.

How am I able to pay for Science Camps?
You can pay securely online with a credit card (Mastercard or Visa) or you may send in a personal cheque (must be received within 10 business days in order to secure your spot).

I would like to pay by cheque. Who do I make the cheque out to and where should I mail it?
You can make your cheque payable to University of Alberta and mail it to:

Faculty of Science Summer Camps
6-189 CCIS
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2E8

I have forgotten my account password, what do I do?
The system for Science Camps registration is the same as the one used for Computing Science Summer Camps so your account is the same. If you have forgotten your password, please use the “Forgot your password?” link to reset it.

The camp I would like to register my child in is full. How do I get added to a waiting list?
To be added to the waiting list for a camp/workshop, please go through the regular online registration process. You will be given the option to add the “full” camp to your cart as a waiting list addition. If waiting list additions are the only items in your cart, choose “Cheque” as your payment method at checkout.

No payment is due for waiting list additions. You will be contacted by a Camp Coordinator if a spot opens up and payment information will be collected at that time.

Our summer plans have changed and my child can no longer attend camp. What can I do?
Please email our camp administrator at sciencecamps@ualberta.ca. We are able to transfer campers between camps as long as the camp has not yet begun and there is space in another camp. Otherwise, see our cancellation & refund policy.

I just registered my child in another Science Camp! Am I able to retroactively get the family discount?
Unfortunately, the family discount is issued automatically by the registration system when a family registers in more than one camp in a single transaction. No retroactive discounts will be issued.

Do you offer bursaries for Science Camps?
Yes! We do have a limited number of bursaries available for Science Camps. Please email sciencecamps@ualberta.ca for an application. A Camp Coordinator will contact you to let you know if your bursary application has been approved.

After your bursary application has been approved, choose “Cheque” as your payment method when you register.

How do I redeem a gift certificate?
To redeem a gift certificate, choose “Cheque” as your payment method and send in your gift certificate as payment when you register. Please note that gift certificates cannot be used for camps run in conjunction with the Department of Physical Education and Recreation. Gift certificates have no cash value. The Faculty of Science is not responsible for any lost or stolen gift certificates.

Where do I send my waiver (consent form)?
You can send your signed waiver with your camper on the first day of camp. Waivers are included in our camp information package (PDF).

When will I receive an official tax receipt for my camp?
All official tax receipts will be mailed after camps are completed in August.

Camp curriculum and attendance

My child is 14 years old and the recommended ages for Camp X is 15-17, but he/she already has some programming experience. Can I enroll him/her in this camp/workshop?
The camp ages are guidelines. If you feel that your camper has sufficient experience to keep up, it is no problem to enroll your child in a camp/workshop whose recommended age starts one year above that of your child.

However if there is any more than one year difference, we would encourage you to check out our other interesting camps/workshops for your child’s current age group!

Is there parking available for pickup and drop off?
We have arranged for temporary permits at Stadium Car Park which can be purchased online for $14/week. This will allow you to park at Stadium for 15 min in the morning for drop-off and 15 min in the afternoon for pickup. You will also be allowed to park here for the open house on Fridays.

Note: The Faculty of Science will not be responsible for any parking tickets issued.

What are your camp hours?
Science Camps run from 9 am to 4 pm daily. We also offer complimentary camper supervision from 8-9 am in the morning and 4-5 pm after the camp day is done.

We do not live in Edmonton, but my child would really like to attend a Science Camp. Do you provide accommodations?
Faculty of Science Summer Science Camps do not provide or arrange any accommodations, however Ancillary Services offers both dormitory style rooms as well as guest rooms on campus.

My child has a physical/learning disability. Would he/she still be able to participate in Science Camps?
If your child has a disability, please contact us at sciencecamps@ualberta.ca so we can work with you to accommodate him/her. In most cases, we have been able to work with parents to provide an enjoyable experience for the camper. In more severe cases, parents have sent a teaching aide to accompany the camper.