Striving For a Campus Community Free of Sexual Violence
The University of Alberta Sexual Assault Centre provides a safe place on campus where unconditional support, confidentiality, respect, and advocacy are available for those affected by sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, and stalking. The U of A Sexual Assault Centre strives for a campus community free of sexual violence.
We believe in:
- respecting each individual's recovery process,
- providing options and information,
- promoting fairness for survivors within the University and Criminal Justice systems,
- and preventing sexual assault through education.
All services are free of charge and are available to people of all genders, sexualities, and backgrounds. Each person's individual recovery process will be respected.
Talk To Us
Talking with us is as simple as dropping in during our office hours, giving us a phone call or sending an email. For drop-in, telephone, or email support, no appointment is needed. However, appointments are necessary to see our psychologist and can be made during your first telephone or drop-in session at the Centre.
Need Help Now?
If you are in crisis and you need to speak to someone immediately, please feel free to call us or stop by the Centre between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday. If it is a weekend or after hours and you need assistance, please call the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton 24-Hour Crisis Line (780-423-4121).
Services We Offer
- Drop-in, telephone or email support for survivors of sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking or relationship violence regardless of gender
- Counselling and psychotherapy regarding sexual assault or sexual abuse
- Support and information for partners, friends, family, and concerned individuals
- Advocating for deferrals, extensions, and other academic accommodations to help support student success
- Accompaniment for individuals who choose to seek medical attention or report their experience
- Referrals to on- and off-campus resources
- Resource area for information on sexual assault and related topics
- Interactive 50 and 80 minute Education Presentations on sexual assault